Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cover Letter - Find the Right Content Using the Employment Ad

The purpose of this post is to add some more information to one of my previous postings (http://jobcrusade.blogspot.com/2011/04/rule-of-engagement-3-cover-letter_10.html).

As I explained before, it is important to customize the cover letter for each position.  What I discover is that if you use the requirements of the position you can come up with a great cover letter because you are addressing the implied questions that are contained within each of the items.  I think that this is a great discovery because you will be able to tie your experience and compliance with their requirements and you won't have to guess what is it that they are looking for in the cover letter. 

For example, the following requirements were posted for a Customer Service position:
Do you have what it takes?
  • Customer service and sales experience
  • Rent-to-own, consumer finance, car rental, collections or automotive background
  • Clean driving record, car and insurance
  • Good credit and clean criminal history
Please remember that I am making the experience up for the purpose of the posting, remember that we need to be truthful, always. Also, I am just writing a base, I am sure that once you see the requirements for your particular area of experience you will be able to add your our seasoning to it. 

Dear Recruiter or Manager,

I would like to apply formally for the position of Customer Service Representative.  I am confident that I have the experience and drive to perform all the duties that were stated in the employment announcement. My Resume is attached.

I have extensive experience in customer service and sales. While I was working with X Company, I had the opportunity to work in X and Y projects, which gave me the exposure to successful sales and attaining customer satisfaction, which was part of the strategic goal of the company.  

My work experience has been in collections and rent-to-own. As you know, in both cases I dealt with difficult situations but I managed to care for my customers while achieving the purpose of my calls.  I was relentless but respectful both in collection and in the rent-to-won sales. 

I have a clean driving record and background and credit history.  I own a reliable vehicle and I am insured, so I am ready to start immediately.

I hope that my experience and qualifications are considered as favorable to obtain an interview.  I am very excited about this opportunity and I look forward to talk to you.

Sincerely,

Name
e-mail address
Phone number

I really hope that this posting helps you a little bit more.  If you need help composing your Cover Letter let me know know and I will try to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment