Thursday, April 14, 2011

Interim Posting

Before I continue with the next rule of engagement, I want to interject that it is very difficult to find a job outside of your "normal" industry experience.  I have interest in many areas such as retail, consumer goods, and technology, but because I have been in the construction industry for over 15 years, there is not too much that I can do to obtain an opportunity to transition to another industry. I think that they count that the learning curve will be costly, and that is understandable; they do not know me personally, otherwise, they will hire me, right??!!

So, lesson learned, if you have the opportunity to have a job in a different industry in your early career, you will have better chances to move freely across industries when seeking for career opportunities.

The other alternative is to network that you are in the market for a job. Hopefully someone that knows you (me) can open the door for an interview.

We'll see! Write to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment